25.9.15

Charlotte Tilbury Launch at John Lewis







And an unretouched photo so you can see just how good the make-up looked!


Last Friday I was lucky enough to attend the Charlotte Tilbury launch at John Lewis in Oxford Street, which meant testing lots of dreamy products! In recent times my mum has started taking a larger interest in make-up (under my influence of course) so I took her along with me.

On arrival we were both greeted by our lovely make-up artists and for forty-five minutes I had the opportunity to talk all things beauty related with the fabulous Sarah-Jane whilst she did my make-up from scratch. We were given a range of ten looks to choose from, which as you can imagine was so difficult, there were so many beautiful looks and products to try! In the end I chose Rock Chick - a bold smoky eye and a subtle nude lip. I will leave a list of all the products I wore at the end of the post along with the prices.

I loved that we were able to experience several skincare products as well as make-up, especially as Charlotte Tilbury skincare is so expensive. It's unlikely I will be spending £70.00 on a skincare product any time soon, although admittedly, after trying the Magic Cream it has been added to my 'When I'm Rich' beauty list. They were also kind enough to give us a sample pot which I have used everyday this week - it literally feels like heaven on your skin.

The Magic foundation in 4.5 is the perfect shade for my skin and I loved the overall look of it for the first few hours but the coverage did not last as long as I would have liked. By the evening I noticed the foundation on the bridge of my nose had turned back into liquid form, a disaster not even my powder could fix. Putting that aside, I would recommend the foundation. It is a good product, it gives good coverage and feels lightweight on the skin, just remember the coverage doesn't last that long. So if you have oily skin carry a powder or a concealer/foundation to top up.

The eyes were no doubt my favourite part of the look, I absolutely loved the eye-shadow and the liner. The eye-shadow quad in Rock Chick is absolutely beautiful and the pigmentation is incredible. The eye-liner also looked amazing. This was partly due to the products but also because Sarah-Jane was brilliant at it, I seriously wish she could do my liner every day! Two liners were used, Rock 'N' Kolh in Bedroom Black for the water line and Feline Flick in Panther for the eyelids. Both these products have incredible staying power and are both intense, bold blacks - perfect for a more dramatic eye look. I definitely rate these products highly, especially the Feline Flick, the tip is very fine which of course makes it easier to get a more precise line.

I ended up purchasing the lip liner, lipstick, highlighter/bronzer compact and a brush, all of which I will review in an upcoming post. In this post I wanted to talk about the products I loved that I didn't actually buy, not because I didn't want to but because the products I did buy took priority. Believe me, I've had my eyes on them all for a while! But let's be honest, I doubt it will be long before the other products make their way into my make-up collection too.

I love all the Charlotte Tilbury products I've tried and I had such a lovely time at the launch. My mum and I went home happy with some lovely additions to our make-up bags and two less happy bank balances!

What are your favourite Charlotte Tilbury products? I just love everything, I mean the packaging is just gorgeous. Rose gold. Need I say anymore?

Skincare:
Take It All Off - 24.00
Multi Miracle Glow Balm - 45.00
Magic Cream - 70.00

Complexion:
Magic Foundation  in 4.5- 29.00
Retoucher Concealer  in 3- 25.00 
Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder - 33.00
Filmstar Bronze and Glow in Light- 49.00
Cheek to Chic - 30.00

Eyes:
Browlift 22.50
Luxury Eyeshadow Palette in Rock Chick- 38.00
Rock 'N' Kohl Pencil in Bedroom Black - 19.00 
Feeline Flick - 22.00
Full Fat Lashes Mascara - 22.00

Lips:
Lip Cheat liner in Pillow Talk - 16.00
Lipstick in Bitch Perfect - 23.00
Lip Lustre in Blondie - 16.50

Tools:
Foundation Brush - 30.00
Bronzer Brush - 60.00
Blush Brush - 30.00
Blender Brush - 25.00
Eye-liner Brush - 18.00
Lip Brush - 18.00
Powder and Sculpt Brush - 35.00