15.9.15

Archery Brows



Above: Left Line - Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint & Precision Shaping Pencil

Right Line - Archery Brow 2-In-1 Brow Filling Pencil



Unless you have been living under a rock for the past year and a half, you have probably noticed how popular big, bold eyebrows have become. Long gone are the days of over-plucking and waxing your eyebrows, now the bigger the eyebrows the better.
For a long time I have been filling in my brows using a dark brown eye-shadow with a MAC 266 brush. That habit stuck until a few months ago when I bought two Soap & Glory brow products and I fell in love with one of them.

Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint & Precision Shaping Pencil
I might be alone in this but I really am not a fan of this product. One end of the product is a stain with a fine tip which I thought I would like, but both the look and feel of it really do remind me of a felt tip pen. Where the stain is wet it draws quite a harsh line which doesn't look natural and although I like my eyebrows to look defined, I don't like them to look drawn on. I also found the stain ran out pretty fast, especially compared to the pencil on the other side. The pencil is a little better than the tint, it has quite a waxy feel and doesn't look as harsh as the stain does, making it pretty good for filling in the brows. What I didn't like about the pencil is that you have to press quite hard for the product to actually become visible on the brows, and to keep drawing over and over is quite irritating.
I bought the darker shade of the two available called Brownie Points which is directed at those who are looking to create bold and defined eyebrows. I thought this colour would suit my brows as they are naturally very dark but as you can see in the picture featured above, the product is more of a warmish brown. I think Soap & Glory could do with creating an even darker shade as the two shades available suit warm brown and blonde hairs.
The product was only £10.00 which I am pretty pleased about, now I don't feel like I've wasted too much money... I would not buy this product again but I am pleased to say I found a better, cheaper alternative from Soap & Glory!

Archery Brow Pencil 2-In-1 Brow Filling Pencil & Brush 
After my disappointment with the first brow product I was quite apprehensive to try this one, especially as it's cheaper! Thankfully this brow pencil is more impressive. I especially love the brush side. I am probably behind with this but I did not realise how big of a difference using a brush on your eyebrows makes! It really allows you to create a nice, neat brow and I've found it helps create more of an arch too. The brush doesn't feel too harsh and it's really easy to quickly comb them into place in the morning's. The opposite end of this product is a pencil and it is much thinner than the previous product, giving you more precision and control. The pencil is very easy to use and the product comes out straight away. I like to line the bottom of my eyebrows with the pencil so they look neat and then fill in the brows where necessary.
I bought the shade Hot Chocolate which is a dark, deep brown - a good colour for me. They also do a lighter shade for those with light brown/blonde hairs called Blondeshell.
I just absolutely love this product, I am such a fan! It makes it so easy to create bold, thick brows and it only costs £8.00! I am seriously impressed.

Let me know what you've loved and hated using on your brows this year and what you would recommend, high-end or budget!