7.9.15

Nars Face






Nars Sheer Glow Foundation
I finally got my hands on a bottle of Nars Sheer Glow last week and I could not be happier! Believe it or not, this is the first time I have ever owned a Nars foundation and I am pleased to say the product really does live up to its hype.
I love blending the foundation with my Real Techniques buffing brush but it blends just as nicely using your fingers. It gives good coverage and doesn't feel heavy on the skin. The shade Santa Fe suits my skin perfectly but there's such a large range of shades, I'm sure there's one to suit every skin tone. I'd definitely recommend going to your nearest Nars counter and getting shade matched before purchasing though, there's nothing worse than buying a foundation in the wrong shade.
The only thing I don't like about this foundation is the fact it doesn't have a pump, which makes it difficult to get the right amount of product out. I know Nars sell pumps for only £3.00 so I'm going to grab one this weekend, but come on Nars, just put a pump on it!
The product is a little pricey at £31.00 but for a brilliant product, I'd say it's worth it. I definitely see myself repurchasing whenever it runs out (hopefully never) but I'll keep you updated on that one.
Overall I would say to anyone no matter your age, skin type or skin tone, give this foundation a try. I'm head over heels in love with it!

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer
I've been on the search for a good concealer for a while now and although this concealer isn't perfect for me, it's not far off. I got the shade Ginger which mixes nicely with the Santa Fe foundation but I think I could have even gone down a shade to Custard. The formula itself is quite thick, it gives medium to heavy coverage, which I was aiming for, but it can be quite drying and cling to any dry patches you have. That being said, once I apply the Sheer Glow foundation on top, I'm super happy with the result (which may say more about the foundation than the concealer).
I think the packaging is beautiful, it definitely looks high-end. I usually love a wand but when using this product I prefer to dip my concealer brush on the end of the wand and then blend it in. This is because the wand feels quite harsh on the skin and I prefer a softer feel which I get from my brush.
The product again is quite pricey at £22.00 but I definitely prefer it to my last high end concealers which were similar prices, Benefit Erase Paste (£20.50) and Clinique Even Better Concealer (£19.00).
Overall, I wouldn't say I'm dead impressed with this concealer, but it's the best I've tried in a while. I guess I'll have to continue my hunt for the perfect concealer!

Let me know what you think of the above products and what foundations and concealers you prefer. I'm open to lots of concealer suggestions, high-end or high street!