15.7.15

Best Cookies Ever!

I first made these cookies in February 2014 after the beautiful Tanya Burr posted the recipe on her website and I am yet to find any that taste better! They are so easy to make and everyone loves them, whenever I've made them they disappear so fast (I swear I don't eat them all to myself). It's the perfect recipe to make for when you have family/friends coming over or for the ultimate lazy day.

What you need:
Weighing scales
Grease proof paper
Two baking trays
200g butter
300g caster sugar
1 large egg
275g self-raising flour
75g cocoa powder
A large bar of white, milk and dark chocolate  (if you don't like one I'd say leave it out because you will definitely taste it!)
3 Daim bars 


Instructions:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees celsius/gas mark 6.

2. Whisk the butter and sugar together until smooth. I usually do this by hand rather than use an electric whisk but both do the job. 


3. Crack in the egg.


4. Add the self-raising flour and cocoa powder.


5. Blend in the dry ingredients, if it's too dry add a little bit of milk.


6. Break up the chocolate into individual squares and add to the mixing bowl. Try to refrain from eating half the bar whilst adding it, you'll just wish you hadn't when you are eating the cookies (definitely not advice from personal experience...)



7. Mix the chocolate with the rest of the ingredients, I usually end up doing this with my hands so the chocolate separates better.


8. Line two baking trays with grease proof paper. 

9. Separate the mixture into twelve equal sized balls and add to the baking trays.



10. Place the trays in the oven and let them bake for 11 minutes then leave them to cool. 
If you like your cookies crispy on the outside then leave them for a bit longer but personally I like them better when they are soft. As Tanya points out, it is vital to know that they don't look properly baked when they come out of the oven but trust me leave them, when they are cool they taste amazing! 



11. Enjoy!